Wednesday, September 19, 2007

new art ::: avoidance ::: 7 seven habits




I absolutely love this challenge. With the week so far, if I didn't have this push, I wouldn't have anything accomplished. Here are some pics from my first experiment with resin. And I have to say, besides being smelly, toxic and a mess. I love it. The one that says "finding love within" will soon be part of a bracelet and the other three are magnets.

Avoidance.
So I'm really bad at confrontation and if you ignore something long enough, it will go away. Well, that doesn't happen. An incident came up today. And I'm glad it did, hopeful I'll get to resolve it shortly. And get paid ;) But I'm glad I took the initiative. And, in case anyone doesn't know, avoidance doesn't work, it's just makes you crazy.

Ironic.
Lastly, I started my 21 day journal in one of my many notebooks. but it just didn't seem right. So, I thought of this Journal I started to alter for a story for my daughter, perfect size, length. For once I'm glad I did procrastinate. It's perfect for this challenge. It's called the 7 habits journal (by Steven Covey of course) and was given to me a few years ago by someone I admire. But what's ironic is the first two quotes seem to fit so perfectly into what I'm doing. Here they are: "keeping a journal of your thoughts, experiences, insights and learning promotes clarity." -- Which is good because I have about 18 started -- maybe I just need a few more to be more "clear" -- but it does help.
The quote on the 2nd page is "you have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage- pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically - to say 'no' to other things" which for me is extremely hard to do. But I'm working on it.

4 comments:

Christi Snow said...

These little pieces are gorgeous! I esp. love the bracelet one... Sounds like things are coming together for you on the {21} day challenge. I like both of those quotes! TFS! smiles...

Renee said...

Love your work! So Pretty!

red tin heart said...

Wow! These are so imaginative and colorful. I just love them. xo Nita

Casii said...

The artwork is lovely! Love the words on irony and the quotes!