Monday, March 31, 2008

Creation Inspired by Mornings on the Lake



Here is another mixed media and Precious Metal Clay creation. "Tranquil Sunrise" was inspired by my longing for our visits to the summer house Up North on the Lake. Even though I know winter is still in the air in Wisconsin and snow is most likely still on the ground - I dream of the early spring mornings when the pale silvery peach sun rises and reflects over the dark teal green water promising a beautiful day.

As an artist, I attempt to bring my unrelenting curiosity for new things to life in a myriad of ways. Mixed media fosters that creativity. Each of my artistic disciplines inspires ideas for the others. In this piece - ”Tranquil Sunrise” - a ring made from Precious Metal Clay, mixed media art and resin, I have created a wearable painting of the beauty of nature. In this piece as well as others in this series, I’m trying to give a sense of warmth, a place of belonging and a vision of personality to the small wearable canvas.

1 comment:

Estabilizador e Nobreak said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.