Friday, August 1, 2008

Homage to my Glamorous Grandmother


I was planning a different entry for this week but instead of rushing to finish my piece, I'll share this page from my encyclopedia swap with the Sisthars Collaborative
While talking to my Mom this weekend, getting some information to finish my altered encyclopedia page for the letter g, paying homage to a beautiful picture of my "glamorous grandmother"- I asked if this was her high school picture, my Mom reminded me that my grandmother only attended school to the 8th grade. She quit to go to work to help the family (like many young people did during the depression). But later she attended and graduated from beauty school. She never was a practicing beautician, instead met my grandfather and started a family. But she renewed her license every year.
So here is the spoken truth. "Knowledge, pride and accomplishments are worth more than any stock you might have. They don't depreciate either. An investment in yourself is always wise."

1 comment:

Denise said...

What a beautiful woman she was! I think she'd be very proud of you with every thing you've accomplished and continue to achieve. That's a wonderful quote and worth taking to heart... 'an investment in yourself is always wise.' Sometimes we forget that!