Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Conscience Rising


Many of you know I'm part of a collaborative project with the "sisthars". An encyclopedia swap - which normally the foder is a letter or group of letters. This month's collage page was a bit different - the 1966 yearbook, an encyclopedia for that year. Well, I'm not really a history buff, and wasn't even born yet (but not much later) so I was having a hard time being inspired. So I started reading the encyclopedia. I came across this section, and was intrigued. I'm not naive enough to think that global warming, deforestation, air/water pollution and saving are natural resources weren't issues before it was considered TRENDY. But the facts in the yearbook provided dated almost 50 years ago, struck a reality cord. Are we really much better today? And what about tomorrow?

No comments: