Thursday, January 8, 2009

a new year


Happy (although belated) New Year.
Be the change you would like to see in the world. - ghandi
The picture above is a background I painted in the studio on Wednesday. Then digitally added the saying Thursday night. I must be honest, this was originally intended to be my Holiday card, but time just slipped away.
From the tardiness of this New Years post, you must know, I did not resolve to be timely. But I did make some worthwhile resolutions. I’ll share a few:
} more studio time in 2009
} but realize that there is only so much time in the day
} be a better me : laugh more, forgive more, concentrate on my actions - not those of others.
} be a healthier me : exercise, eat healthy, grow stronger
} teach more~learn more : be more open with my knowledge and seek out and receive knowledge from other creative souls
} exhibit more : seek out more venues to sell and show my work.
} be proactive : find opportunities, don’t wait for them to appear

Thank you to everyone that made 2008 such a wonderful year for me. From my students at the Fine Line, to my admirers in the North Woods and right around the corner, to my lovely, supportive friends and family. THANK YOU. Now on to 2009. I would love to hear your resolutions, intentions, thoughts and goals.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Just lovely!

Denise said...

You're off to a great start! I love the painting, beautiful colors and composition.

I would like to thank you back, you have offered me a tremendous amount of support as well in 2008. THANK YOU!!!