Friday, February 20, 2009

oh boy, I've been bit!

I must share with you my fun day. Denise from Bellis Studios invited me for an artist date in her studio to play with her Vandercook Letterpress. I was as giddy as a child. I didn't prepare any thing to make a plate of. None of my ideas seem quite worthy, but now I'm brimming with possibilities.
Denise has a lovely obsession with collecting woodblock signs and lucky me she had some type too.

Then I tried to make cents out of them.

Funny, huh? She had all these cent signs.
We didn't have a full full alphabet, but I came up with something after a bit. Kinda fun.

You wouldn't believe how long it took just to set up all the pieces around the type to keep it all snug for printing. It was so much fun, like solving a puzzle with infinite possibilities. Then after a few lessons from Denise. Here is her beautiful smile.

Then I started to pull my prints.

And here it is.

The finished impression.
Thanks so much Denise.
Can't wait for you to come to my studio next.

3 comments:

Ramadhani said...

very nice. very creative..

Julia Lundman said...

oh man, i LOVE letterpress art!!! You're lucky to get to play around with the letterpress! so fun.

It's A Jaime Thing said...

Oh, how fun!!!