Friday, May 15, 2009

local library loot


It's a rainy day, so Lauren and I decided to terrorize the local library. I'm sure they were glad to see us leave. A three-year is sure busy!
But as an added bonus, there was a book sale. I got all these Gems for $2.50. A series of Disney books (circa 1980 - they had newer ones, but these spoke to me), Wynken, Blyken and Nod (that I vaguely remember, but can't wait to read) a pop-up Rapuzel, a beautiful German book that I originally picked up for it's lovely orange cover and ornate spine, ended up with an added bonus - a hand embroidered bookmark tucked inside. Hmmm... I think we all could use a few more delicately appointed, personalized bookmarks, don't you? And the piece of resistance! Happy Origami books, bond by string with actual paper origami pieces tacked in through out, let alone the wonderful illustration of the mermaid, I could have just squealed. But at last, it was a library, so I just grinned from ear to ear instead. I hope your day or weekend is filled with unexpected charms.

2 comments:

Sue said...

LOVE me some books - and origami!

Zoe Nelson said...

Cherlyn - I gave you the "One Lovely Blog" award. Go to mine to see how to pass it on. www.zoenelsonartwear.blogspot.com