Wednesday, September 9, 2009

artistic exploration and relaxation

Just home from a wonderful weekend by the lake – relaxation, artistic exploration and perfect weather. Starting off with the welcoming smile of a Debbie from Circle of Life Studio. As I drove in, before I even got out of the car, I felt the warmth of a invited kindred spirit. I was lucky enough to spend the morning at her paper making workshop. I felt like a kid in the candy store flittering about in an artistic frenzy without care of space or time. I sure was busy, my handmade paper, shown above, proves it. Pure bliss.

Here is Debbie showing us how to release a perfect piece of pulp from the screen. Loved all the natural light coming through the studio windows. Her workshop was so informative (kinda wish I took notes), inviting and inspiring.

And here are a few of the dimensional handmade paper creations, I plan on using in some mixed media work in the near future. I picked up my dried, pressed paper on Sunday and she graciously showed me her Studio with beautiful pieces for sale. There is the Northwoods Gallery Tour Oct 2-4, I would highly recommend visiting some of the artists, especially Debbie(#23). I loved spending sometime in her shop chatting and it was great to see the grounds which are as inviting and creative as she is. Thank you!

I spent a bit of time finishing a few jewelry pieces and photographing some new pieces for my shop. Here is a sneak preview of one of them. I hope to find time to refresh the pieces online soon.

And one of my favorite things, spending time with my niece and spirited daughter, a little "Tween-Toddler" friendly artistic time of creating. They created hand-painted stationery card and envelope sets. Using acrylic paint and a scrape off technique. Didn't these turn out great!? Not sure if it will inspire any actual writing, rather than texting - but none-the-less it was great messy, creative fun. Hope your weekend was chock full of goodness.
And be sure to check out my blog little later this week. I'm sure you'll be "charmed" by my give-away!

No comments: