Wednesday, January 6, 2010

holiday hiatus is over.

I can't believe it's been so long since my last post. I'll be posting a lot more in 2010. Hope you'll join me.Like many things of structure, I have a love/hate relationship with New Year Resolutions. On my list are some of the usual suspects: diet, exercise, learn, grow, make time for art. But to put all the expectation on one day is so daunting, like how am I supposed to be on a diet with all the wonderful leftovers in the fridge. And gosh, what’s the use of being more financially responsible when everyone is having half price sales. And another, how am I going to make sure I get into the studio when the house is in complete chaos and I really would rather sit on the couch and watch bad tv or review and select my favorite photos of the season or umm.....facebook! Why make an intention, just to set yourself up for failure? So I’m dragging it out a bit this year. Today is the first day I feel like the “holidaze” is over. And I can start on my intentions, knowing that there are more important “new beginnings” that I celebrate everyday - the sunrise or a newly falling snow. And to look forward to like a new moon, first crocus to break through it’s winter blanket or my daughter’s smile and constant dancing. Looking ahead is how I intend to try to keep this year’s intentions.
Looking ahead.... and these! Calendars, datebooks and lists, oh my! I don’t know if this says something lack of time management (see the star - it’s from a dear friend and reads “born to be an half hour late). I guess I'm a bit of a procrastinator, but more so I just lack a bit of focus sometimes. But I hope to stay on schedule in the 2010. It's a little ironic but, I have either worked on or ordered no less than 5 calendars even before last August. My collage sisthar extradonaire, Jean was featured in this calendar, so of course I need that one. And the ever inspirational Kelly Rae was autographing early orders of her datebook - so must have. Then the perpetual calendar done as a collaborative is a must create (I’ll blog about this process soon). Then the awesome opportunity to create a calendar of all my artwork for my employer, Bending Design (thanks for the push Sharon)! If you would like one of the small accordion fold calendars, with my artwork, email me with your address and I’ll send it to you! (just note I have limited number left) Lastly, round it off with a few photo calendars - I would say I should be pretty on task. If only it were that easy right? Here was my table yesterday, trying to create a to do list! Ugh!

Well I’ll try, starting today. Will this mean a more task oriented and detailed 2010 - that has yet to be seen. Hope your intentions are shaping up nicely. Happy New Year.

4 comments:

Sharon Bending said...

I love your approach to the new year. After the age of 18 I said I wasn't going to make New Years Resolutions anymore because I never seemed to keep them. I'm just going to take each day as it comes and do the best I possibly can.
Also, love your new graphic with Lauren and the January background :)

Sue said...

So true about the "holidaze" -- I've still been in it too! Love all your calendars and list-making stuff. :)

Cherylyn said...

thanks Sharon.
and Thanks Suzanne, I knew you would like all the lists. Hmmmmm. inspired by a wonderful, organized friend.

Denise said...

I love my calendar... it's on my desk at work and I think of you every time I look at it!