Tuesday, January 19, 2010

inspiring people - helping haiti

Compassion of people and willingness to organize in their own way to help heal truly inspires me.
It's been a week since the massive, 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti near the capital of Port-au-Prince. The damage to buildings is extensive and the number of injured or dead is estimated, as of today, they fear over 200,000.
I'm a type of person that really doesn't know what to do or say during times of serious distress. I usually just do, create, cook or something like that. So I was so glad to see other artists doing the same. A shop was created on etsy by Victoria van der Laan called Hearts for Haiti: take a look and know all proceeds from your purchase will go directly to Doctor Without Borders. As you might have guessed they are overwhelmed by the response of artists, so it might be a while before my contribution is posted. I have to hope that all these "little" actions in humanity will help heal.
{ update }
one of my pieces has been purchased! yay. And one more is waiting on a home. Maybe it's the perfect piece for you? Help Haiti and have a lovely pendant - sounds like a win/win.
as of today Jan 25th - $17,500 have been raised for Haiti. Amazing!

No comments: