Monday, February 1, 2010

sos - more workshop inspiration

If you live in the Chicagoland area, you may or may not know of the Fine Line Creative Arts Center in St. Charles - a wonderful place of inspiration and classes ranging from jewelry making, pottery, painting to fiber work and textiles. Just this weekend I was one of the lucky ones to attend Sandie Bacon's Lecture, on Golden paints and mediums. I was really hoping for some clarity on their vast array of products, which happened, kinda. It was such a whirlwind of information, I walked away with so many ideas, I thought my head might explode. The resource materials, new color palette and descriptions of each medium was well worth the $5, plus a little goodie bag with samples, I was more than elated. Well, and of course I have quite a "wish list" of new art supplies. If you missed the lecture and are a bit mystified by the Golden Acrylics, I noticed Valley Ridge - outside of Madison - has a similar lecture with a 2-day workshop to follow so you can explore all the nuances. Here's another workshop coming up that you might find fun.Coming up in March, Mary Hettmansperger, one of my favorite artist will be having a guest workshop also at the Fine Line. I love her style, weaving and contemporary combinations of metals. And her book, Wrap, Fold, Stitch and Rivet is great, too.
OR if you are interested in the BronzClay. You might want to check out my classes on February 20 or Precious Metal Clay (Silver) on February 27.

I'm always energize and recharged after taking a class and I look forward to sharing that energy with you.

1 comment:

Adventures with Millie Making Jewelry said...

I'm reading Hettmansperger's latest book and love her designs! Your lucky to have "Fine Line" near by!