Wednesday, June 9, 2010

on the bead and button show front

I've been here less than 24 hours but it has done wonders for my soul.
I jumped right in with Cristi Friesen's Steampunk Heart-o-Rama. Here are a few hearts I created - destined to be embellished a bit further and made into pins or pendants.  Her personality is very much intune with her quirky book, constantly encouraging and making us laugh. She showed so much in the little 3 hour time frame, her energy is contagious and is fuel by her "drug" of choice - CHOCOLATE.

Today was a Polymer Plates and BronzClay Bell with Louise Duhamel. I'll post pictures later - they will take all night to fire.
{ update Thursday :  will NOT have my Bronze pieces to take home, fuse blown on the kiln - not sure where it was in the cycle, or if my pieces were even in there - but either way, it possible that it might be an epic failure and turn the bronze to dust. But, I'll think positive thoughts on their safe arrival in my mailbox soon }
I love BronzClay, but it's not quite as instant gratification like PMC. One of the main reasons I take classes is to learn how others teach - Louise was very patient, methodical and orgainzed. The class was a bit much for one day, but we fit it in. I was happy to try the polymer plate process first hand, especially after my team member Kelly Fehr, recently demystified the process with her YouTube video. I look forward to practicing this technique this summer and teaching the process in the fall at the Fine Line Creative Arts Center.


And speaking of the Fine Line, if you are in the neighborhood, be sure to stop by for Raku Day this Saturday. It is my favorite event at Fine LIne. Paint a pot, watch the demos and the Emerging Artist's Show in the Gallery is breathtaking.

2 comments:

HappyDayArt! said...

Those are so cute!!!! I wish I was there.

Catherine

Cherylyn Bredemann said...

it would be great to take a class with you sometime!