Wednesday, July 7, 2010

39… and letting go

I remember vividly the months before my 30th birthday, I was 29 and holding - thinking of all the things I should have/could have done before becoming "middle-aged". Like a bee before the dooming frost. But as I approach 39, I have a renewed sense of who I am and what I want to become. I'm letting go of any preconceived notions and expectations and welcoming possibilities fearlessly. Knowing each day I'll try to make better than the last. Trying to make choices that will allow myself to be more free. Concentrating on the here and now - not the past or what might be. It's in the here and now I will create my future. I'll take care of today, so my tomorrows can take care of themselves.

1 comment:

Sue said...

What a wonderful outlook! Happy Birthday my dear friend!