Sunday, September 12, 2010

on the rocks

I must share these little gems I scored at a craft show in Eagle River recently. A beautiful raw citrine geode and a laguna rock. A few real bargins! Hopefully I'll get some sketches started for these pieces soon.
I tend to just keep my little lovelies around rather than set them.
I swooned over this little raw crystal (shown next to the citrine) - a major splurge from my first Bead and Button show - still waiting for the perfect setting.
I guess my obsession with rocks and organic inclusions started with an amazing family trip what I was eight - three weeks exploring the wonders of US national parks. Grand Canyon, Grand Tetons, Yellow Stone National Park, Old Faithful and the Petrified Forest.
Mother nature ~ truly the master artist.
I have quite a few geodes and rocks that are waiting for the perfect setting. But here are a few finished pieces waiting to be adorned.
This geode sits in organic fine silver prongs with etchings on the back.
Oh, and this darling pair, no larger than a half inch, reminded me of tiny muted mellons with the simpliest pearl tacked inside. I guess it's safe to say, with jewelry, as with other things, I like it on the rocks.

1 comment:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful! I went to your ETSY shop, too...WOW! I love your jewelry! ♥