Monday, May 23, 2011

creative outing and filter frenzy



Artist dates are the best. Especially with like a like-minded meander. Our final destination, the NaDa Farm for vintage/artistic eye candy. After we got lost at Cracker Jax for over an hour, taking in all the inspiration and goodness, there. What a wonderful way to spend a Friday night.

But when reviewing my photos from the adventure, I wanted my pictures to reflect a bit more vintage flair. As an artist and designer – I love my mac, but I don't have an iphone. I'm old school when it comes to phone technology.  I'll blame it on commitment issues ;) but I love the photo filters and instant "art" created by the simplest iphone app. My pouting subsided when my friend, the lovely, talented Denise of ladybirddee shared a great link ~ an action set to help achieve the look of the iphone filter easily. Here are some results using one of my favorite pictures from the day.
The original photo. Then I remembered Susan's Difused Light Technique Visual Poetry class ~ a great online class you should take with a ton of tutorials.

Earlybird, my favorite from this an action set  Then the fun desktop gadget Poladroid (complete with fingerprints)


Then a few more from the same action set. Quite fun. It's not instantaneous, but I believe I have curtailed my need for an iphone. Well at least for now.
sunshine ~ flowers ~ happiness to you.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Love all the filters! Think 'Nashville' might be my favorite on that image. Such a fun night, thanks for going with me :)