Sunday, February 24, 2013

happy 70th birthday, DAD
























My sister had a great idea for my Dad's birthday, all the kids and grandchildren write a few words to describe my Dad and how he has touch our lives. I suggested and created word art with some of the words. The words were created using Adobe Illustrator and outputted an Espon large format printer. I left some of the words as only out lines. Then hand painted them with iridescent water colors. Then I drew the heart on some tracing paper and created a template. Then I had everyone place their fingerprint on the piece. Symbolizing how my father has made such a mark on our hearts. I could totally see something could be made for a teacher, also.
Happy Birthday to a man of integrity and nameless other talents. xoxo

1 comment:

Sue said...

Just. Beautiful.