Saturday, February 23, 2013

doodle adventures


The Collage Sisthars were at it again. Last weekend's artistic playdate had us loosing up are tools and stretching creative muscles. Leslie presented the methods for drawing/painting* Creative Creatures a la Carla Sonheim, which challenged us to look at things with a different prespective. We stared at sidewalk cracks, made some watercolor blobs and drew puppy parts in rotating directions, then brought it all together. This loose way of drawing reminded me of finding animals in the clouds. I noticed playing gave character and an expressive quality to my drawings, which I wouldn't have achieved otherwise. I especially liked my arguing owls that seem to appear out of the blob in the upper left. The angle of the pooch on the pad in the front made be a bit giddy. This style of doodling is all about the process, not necessarily the end result. It reminded me of an artist I saw at the HOW Conference a few years ago, Stefan G. Bucher, check out his Daily Monsters from ink spatters. Hey, he even has an app for them!
Have a creative day ~ hope you enjoy the process.

No comments: